In the Announcement from the International Transporters Association (UND);
Changes have been made to the procedures for using TIR Carnet under the Authorized Consignor status, and as part of the facilitation measures, the requirement to physically send TIR Carnets to the customs office of departure for the necessary registration procedures has been abolished.
Under the new procedure, the TIR Carnet and related documents will be electronically registered through the TIR Export Summary Declaration without being presented to the customs office of departure. After the registration process, the vehicle will be sealed by the Authorized Consignor and sent to the border (exit) customs office. Customs seals and the completion of Volet-1 and Volet-2 procedures on the TIR Carnet will be done by the border customs office, and the vehicle will be allowed to leave the country.
All facilitation measures provided to Authorized Consignors (priority passage at the border, reduced inspections, etc.) will continue to be available under the new procedure.
The TIR Carnet procedures under the Authorized Consignor status will be carried out as follows:
- The authorized consignor shall register the TIR Export Summary Declaration by declaring only the special type seal number of the authorized consignor with the code IGXXXXXXXX on the first transport document on the TIR Export Summary Declaration to be registered within the scope of the TIR Carnet for which he will carry export cargo,
- The TIR Carnet and the attached documents for the vehicle loaded at the authorized sender’s facility and carrying export goods within the scope of the TIR Carnet will not be physically presented to the customs office of departure,
- Before the TIR Carnet and attached documents are physically presented to the customs office of departure, the TIR Export Summary
- Declaration number and the special type seal number of the authorized sender with the code İGXXXXXXXX will be declared to the customs office of departure by the representative of the relevant company,
- VOLET-1 registration will be made through the system using the information provided by the relevant officer at the customs office of departure, (after the registration, the vehicle will be shipped to the relevant border (exit) gate by the Authorized Sender)
- The customs office of exit will carry out the necessary actions within the framework of Article 39 of the Customs General Communiqué (TIR Transactions) (Serial No:1) on the TIR Carnet presented to it and on which no official seal has been applied,
- The official seal, which is not applied by the customs office of departure, will also be applied by the customs office of exit to the relevant area in the carnet, and the VOLET-1 and VOLET-2 leaves will be cut off and given to the TIR Carnet driver.
- It will be verified by the border gate that the said transport is within the scope of the authorized sender and that the seal number in the carnet and the system is a special type seal number belonging to the authorized sender with the code İGXXXXXXXX.